To safely and efficiently operate a harvesting machine in the Organic Harvesting area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Transport product, packaging materials, ice, portable restrooms, portable water and other items as assigned safely to various field sites.
- Operate machines safely and effectively.
- Maintain equipment and work area clean.
- Wash and clean tractors and harvest equipment.
- Check tractors and trailers for damage, tear and wear and report findings to the supervisor.
- Complete necessary paper work as required.
- Assist as the Harvest Support Driver when needed.
- Practice and enforce company safety policies and procedures, including public road rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.