To perform all electrical installations and maintenance. Trouble shoot electrical problems, purchase materials, supervise staff, and train plant electricians.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and train electrical crews on electrical maintenance and new installations.
- Ensure all installations are in accordance with local and national codes.
- Service all electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components.
- Perform various instrument and electronic maintenance; make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure plant fire sprinklers, water wells, and water distribution are operating properly.
- Assist with the design and engineering of new electrical installations and upgrading of existing systems.
- Maintain all plant machinery and electrical blueprints for plant electrical system filed.
- Ensure materials are utilized efficiently and avoid unnecessary waste within the department. Estimate material and labor cost for budget purposes on planned installations.
- Take Inventory of all electrical items for stockroom.
- Review and inspect plant electrical systems periodically, make recommendations for upgrading in areas of safety, energy conservation, production and cost savings.
- Ensure all personnel time cards and history are accurate.
- Adherence to company policies and safety procedures. A
- ssist with contracting electricians as needed.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.