To serve as the area specialist in Environmental, Health and Safety matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the above areas a plus. Job experience (safety) may be considered in lieu of educational criteria.
- Five years of EHS experience in Agricultural Farming, Food processing or related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Environmental Health and Safety Compliance laws, procedures and regulations.
- Basic knowledge in PSM, Cal-ARP, and RMP and DPR programs.
- Training certificates in the following subjects, First Aid/CPR, Pesticide applicator/QAL.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Travel on a regular basis required; approximately 50% of the time.
- Candidate will be required to live in/around the Coachella Valley area or within commuting distance.
- Must be bi-lingual, English/Spanish, with the ability to speak, read, and write in both.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation. Must pass background check.
Ability to frequently move about inside the office, in food processing facilities, and in the farming fields. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Ability to work outdoors. Ability to visually inspect equipment and material. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as 20° F to 32° F). Must be able to move items weighing up to 50 lbs.