Manage all day to day operations and staff members within the GPS Support Department that are directly involved in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of field deployed technology assets. Assets include GPS guidance systems, optical systems, data loggers, soil modeling equipment, telematics, weather stations, and other technology systems. Serve as field liaison for a wide variety of precision farming operations and techniques. Develop a more robust GPS maintenance program designed to increase efficiencies, reduce unexpected downtime, and improve equipment visibility and utilization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly coordinate all GPS guidance related repairs and service with Ranch managers and personnel.
- Perform independently and travel to various farming regions throughout the year to assist and support company GPS guidance systems.
- Manage staff that directly supports the day to day diagnostics & repairs of all field guidance systems.
- Develop and establish a GPS preventative maintenance and repair program that is designed to improve efficiencies by reducing failures and increasing system uptimes.
- Manage the departments work schedule.
- Coordinate all job tasks by scheduling work through outside vendor support or Grimmway GPS field technicians.
- Independently evaluate & determine vendor services, parts suppliers.
- Coordinate new system trials and purchase negotiations.
- Direct the coordination and assignment of all reactionary work that requires an unexpected call out to support guidance system repairs.
- Prepare reports that outline project cost /estimations and timelines.
- Confirm product performance by auditing currently installed equipment and analyzing new test products.
- Make the needed recommendations for new technologies.
- Build, establish, and help maintain an optimized GPS parts inventory.
- Directly responsible for supporting employee use of GPS related and optical based farming systems.
- This includes assisting users, system maintenance, upgrades and servicing system failures.
- Must track invoices for service/repairs and maintain cumulative total service cost for each system.
- Must be a self-motivated and open minded person that is willing to progress into new and advanced areas of precision farming technologies.
- Research innovation and propose new recommendations for process improvements.
- Keep a customer service orientated approach in all day to day interactions.
- Lead by example the Divisions’ Mission, Strategy, and Values.
- Responsible for 5S Organization of all work areas.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning.