The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) will support all of Grimmway Farms packaging/labeling and distribution operations. This position will also support the QC/QA department with internal, supplier, regulatory and customer audits as well as investigations, and complaints. This position will execute daily quality activities for incoming materials, work in-process, and final inspection and testing of packaging SKU’s, to meet specifications and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This position will maintain supplier approval procedures and execute material audits to ensure proper delivery of goods to each packaging facility.
- Specifically, this position will be responsible to make onsite decisions as to whether the incoming material will meet our quality standards and be deemed acceptable.
- FIFO procedures and processes will be reviewed and audited by the QAM.
- Suggestions for continuing improvement in this area of FIFO will be expected.
- Defective material return polices will be monitored and maintained by the QAM.
- This position will complete shelf life tests and product samples as required.
- Address quality and product related issues with best practices.
- New procedures and SOP’s will need to be created as necessary for ongoing improvement.
- Update internal database (vendor score card) with issues and problems related to packaging quality or defectiveness.
- Based on the data collected for the score card the QAM, will make recommendations and suggestions as to whether we continue relationships with our packaging suppliers.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning.