Manage fresh carrot packing operations at the Premier Facility.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced operations and food manufacturing professional who is ready to take the next step in their career to oversee packing operations as part of a world-class farming and fresh vegetable processing company headquartered in the San Joaquin Valley of California. The right candidate for this position will be responsible for oversight and production management of one of Grimmway Farms largest carrot packing facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversight of daily/weekly production scheduling using a production order information system and communication with the Sales Department.
- Ensure proper implementation and enforcement of company policies and procedures, including applicable Wage & Hour rules and company’s Anti-Harassment and Discrimination Policy.
- Coordinate with the Safety Department through safety programs/procedures to safeguard the health and safety of employees and property.
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance Department to implement and enforce food safety guidelines.
- Coordinate with operations support departments to ensure proper safe and efficient operation of all plant equipment and personnel.
- Oversight of staffing needs to satisfy safe and efficient operation in accordance with finished product specifications and Food Safety Program.
- Monitor product flows and direct adjustments for efficient operation.
- Record and analyze all production data as required.
- Review all labor and general production costs and evaluate for savings.
- Train and instruct all subordinates.
- Coordinate all personnel issues, including payroll status changes with the Human Resources Department.
- Review all employee disciplinary actions with Department Managers with assistance from Human Resources.
- Ensure any employee complaints requiring investigation (by law) are reported immediately to Human Resources.
- Ensure that adequate employee safety training is performed and documented on a regular basis.
Work in wet and damp environment. Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning.