Operate automated packaging equipment to maintain optimal productivity and efficiency. Adjust and troubleshoot equipment; report equipment malfunctions to the automation staff. Clean packaging equipment as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure equipment is working efficiently.
- Adjust and calibrate scales and packing equipment.
- Inspect scales for proper operation.
- Make appropriate changes to labels and date codes.
- Inspect packaged product for proper weight.
- Implement Lockout/Tagout as required.
- Report any unsafe conditions or policy violations to the supervisor.
- Clean plant equipment with scrub pads, brushes and towels during facility cleaning cycles.
- Wash down equipment using hoses, brushes and shovels.
- Apply proper cleaning chemicals to appropriate surfaces and equipment.
- Perform general clean-up of facility and grounds.
- May be asked to rotate to a different area of the plant (same position and shift) based on business need.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by lead or the supervisor.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to work in different temperatures. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.