Responsible for all electrical installations and maintenance, specify and purchase materials, supervise and train plant electricians, including contracted electricians as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervision and training of electrical crews performing electrical maintenance and new installations.
- Assure that all installations are in accordance with local and national codes.
- Services instrument and electronic equipment by checking, testing and replacing faulty components.
- Performs all types of instrument and electronic maintenance, making operating adjustments as required.
- Design and engineering of new electrical installations and upgrading of existing systems.
- Maintain parts files for all plant machinery and electrical blueprints for plant electrical system.
- Accurate record keeping of personnel time cards and employee history.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
- Estimate material and labor costs for budget purposes on proposed installations.
- Inventory and purchasing of all electrical items for stockroom.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of plant fire sprinklers, water wells and water distribution.
- Review and inspect plant electrical systems periodically, make recommendations for upgrading in areas of safety, energy conservation, production and cost savings.
- Perform all types of instrument, electronic, and electrical maintenance.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.