To effectively plan and schedule preventative maintenance and repair tasks performed by Farm Shop mechanics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Planner/Scheduler position will work closely with shop management to establish and sustain a maintenance program that is built to effectively execute all maintenance and repair tasks using a planning and scheduling model.
- In order to fulfill these responsibilities the Planner/Schedule is empowered to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and material lists, work with maintenance supervisors or managers to define crafts and skills, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan.
- In addition, the Planner/Scheduler provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving Preventive Maintenance activities.
- The planner scheduler will be responsible for building maintenance and repair plans for all company vehicle and fleet assets.
- Work closely with outside vendors and internal inventory groups to establish optimal parts inventory levels.
- Review and optimize existing work order parts list and procedures to increase efficiencies and identify unnecessary costs.
- The planner scheduler will also be required to establish a weekly planning and scheduling meeting with shop management to effectively coordinate preplanned job tasks for the department.
- Lead by example the Division's Mission, Strategy and Values. Responsible for 5S Organization of all work areas.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.