This position works at the direction of the Operations Finance Director and in close collaboration with Malaga Division General Manager overseeing the integrity of manufacturing accounting associated with manufacturing plants and warehouses. This position is responsible for supporting 4 manufacturing plants located in the state of California as well as inventory management of MRO and Packaging Materials to support Malaga plant operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide financial and business support to Malaga Division General Manager for the profitable growth of the business.
- Develop inventory models for Finished Goods, Packaging Materials and Plant MRO inventories for better inventory management.
- Develop “AT RISK” inventory review process to help mitigate financial exposure.
- Develop true product standard cost using activity-based costing for goods manufactured in the plants for ~1,000 + Finished Goods SKU’s.
- Responsible for maintaining Bills of Material; Routing; Work Center; Manning and Overhead Rate files for accurate product costing.
- Prepare monthly plant production trend report for plant leadership team.
- Prepare and review monthly plant manufacturing statements on product conversion cost with plant leadership team.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliations of all categories of inventories for Malaga Division.
- Develop daily KPI’s to help achieve plant financial goals and objectives on plant conversion cost.
- Assist with annual physical inventories at year end to true up perpetual inventories in system.
- Perform physical inventory counts in plant consumption locations for packaging materials inventories at month end to report true material usage variances for associated plants.
- Assist develop plant annual operating budgets working together with plant leadership team for plant spending.
- Assist develop plant capital expenditure budgets working with manufacturing and engineering group.
- Provide detail analysis and explanations on monthly financial results to senior leadership management.
- Perform root cause analysis and independently solve business problems associated with plant operations, inventory management working with Plant personnel.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning.