Perform skilled electrical work in installing, maintaining and repairing wiring and electrical equipment. Troubleshoot and repair wiring or electrical equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Perform skilled electrical work in installing, maintaining and repairing wiring and electrical equipment.
- Locate wiring issues on electrical equipment.
- Replace defective wiring and make connections to new electrical installations.
- Troubleshoot minor electrical problems on industrial electric systems.
- Work from simple blueprints and wiring diagrams and verbal instruction under supervision.
- Calculate circuit horsepower and amperage and determine correct electrical control devices to be used.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Safely operate aerial lift equipment.
- Use all tools, standard electrical, and electronic testing equipment proficiently required of an Electrician I.
- Travel for work as necessary.
- Perform light mechanical maintenance and other duties as required or directed by the supervisor.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.