Perform skilled journeyman level work in installing, maintaining and repairing wiring and electrical equipment. Troubleshoot and repair wiring or electrical equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Perform skilled journey level work installing, maintaining and repairing wiring and electrical equipment; troubleshooting wiring or electrical equipment; replace defective wiring and make connections to new electrical installations; inspect and repair lighting systems; install industrial electrical systems and controls; work from blueprints, wiring diagrams and verbal instructions.
- Act as a lead man and supervise other personnel in the absence of foreman.
- Assist in the training of all electrical positions.
- Perform light mechanical maintenance and other duties as required or directed by the supervisor.
- Assist other construction personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Safely operate aerial lift equipment.
- Must proficiently use all tools required of an Electrician II, advanced electrical and electronic testing equipment.
- Travel for work as necessary.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.