Maintenance Tech C is considered entry level maintenance with a mechanical aptitude and ability to learn general maintenance at an excelled ability. This position conducts routine general/preventive maintenance such as line lubrications, adjustments, minor repair/replacement of worn belts, parts or motors. Conducts routine building maintenance and may assist with sanitation duties, painting, minor building repairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate an entry level maintenance technician to maintain production and processing equipment and the building that they operate within.
- Works closely with the maintenance team to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines/motors, following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, engineering specifications, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during production/processing and performs scheduled maintenance repairs to include preventive maintenance in-order to keep machinery operating at peak times.
- Must maintain a mindset of controlling downtime by informing team members of maintenance of observed issues.
- Will assist maintenance team in layout of new, or rework of current lines and machinery during off-season.
- This to include teardown and restructure of equipment to gain efficiencies and smooth start-up for coming seasonal operations or utilization of building space for a variety of produce processing.
- Assist Tech A’s and B’s to locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening/looking for problems, and utilization of various measuring and testing instruments.
- Take direction from maintenance team leadership to execute maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Keep track of inventory used to communicate restock of parts and supplies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment throughout all processing facilities.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Work in a high noise area.