To ensure that the company’s organic and Food Safety programs are compliant with all relevant auditing requirements including the National Organic Program and Food Safety Modernization Act, to review Good Agricultural Practice programs and assist in the training of personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Food Safety department in developing Food Safety, organic, regulatory initiatives to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well as compliance with specific customer requirements
- Verify and ensure that growers, harvesters and labor contractors maintain compliance with all applicable Food Safety, regulatory and Organic requirements
- Field Food Safety Compliance Technicians will provide support for third party and internal Food Safety audits and their preparations and follow up (GFS, NOP, LGMA, customer and regulatory)
- Assist in the training of personnel to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory standards
- Identify areas of potential Food Safety concern and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Protect security and confidentiality of company information at all times
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with all applicable representatives of Grimmway Farms, growers, harvesters, suppliers, etc.
- Perform other related tasks and job duties as directed by Director of Quality for Farming Operations
Work in wet and damp environment. Exposed to outdoor given climate. Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning.