The Innovation Shop Lead is responsible for the Grimmway Innovation Center (IC) Facility, the safety of the people and work at the IC, 3d modeling work, and for the fabrication of parts and prototype assemblies as needed to support IC projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Shop lead will operate and maintain 3d printing machines, machine shop tools, and the hand tools in the IC.
- Will train IC personnel in the safe operation of the fixed and mobile equipment in the IC and will enforce permissions to operate for all shop equipment.
- Will build parts and assemblies using IC resources, the Construction Department shop, outside shops and contractors working inside the IC shop.
- Project direction will be provided by IC engineers and the shop lead will support the creative process, 3d modeling, building prototype parts and assemblies, testing and data acquisition for IC projects as needed.
- Responsible for the activities and management of the IC shop and its assets.
- Direct internal and external resources to make parts and assemblies. Provide project support and 3D modeling services to support IC engineers.
- Train engineers in the safe use of tools and equipment and control machine access to qualified operators.
- Train engineers and fabricators in the efficient use of Inventor.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
Ability to occasionally move in food processing facilities, and in the farming fields. Ability to work outdoors. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Ability to inspect equipment and product. Operating hand and power tools, working on equipment that is elevated or low to the ground. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 105° F and as cold as 20° F). Must be able to move ítems weighing up to 50 lbs.