This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide variety of farm machinery/equipment and irrigation systems. Takes on additional responsibility to train and/or oversee other employees who may be assisting with maintenance and/or fabrication work. At this level, this position should have a strong understanding for most all equipment/machinery and take a leadership role when the Farm Equipment Shop Manager is unavailable or on vacation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate as a highly skilled maintenance/fabrication technician with little to no training/direction needed to perform duties.
- Work in an individual and unsupervised manner.
- Ensures operation of equipment/machinery and irrigation systems by providing preventive maintenance procedures.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment for day-to-day operation as well as at peak times during planting or harvest windows.
- Must maintain a mindset of controlling downtime in-order for the agriculture team to meet its goals and objectives.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening/looking for problems, and utilization of various measuring and testing instruments.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals in-order to diagnose and repair or recommend to third-party providers.
- Assist in maintaining the correct level of supplies, parts and tools for the shop.
- Delivery of new or repaired equipment as needed.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment throughout the shop, and while completing work in the fields.
- Ensuring that fluids and parts are disposed of properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to occasionally move in food processing facilities, and in the farming fields. Ability to work outdoors. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Ability to inspect equipment and product. Operating hand and power tools, working on equipment that is elevated or low to the ground. Must be able to move items weighing up to 70 lbs.