To maintain all cutting equipment in a proper operating condition as directed. Replacing and adjusting blade cutting assemblies on all type of cutting equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Must be able to handle, replace and make necessary adjustments to blades and blades assemblies to insure proper operation to cutter.
- Know proper safety and cutting procedures.
- Must have ability to sharpen blades as directed.
- Must fill in daily tool discrepancy log.
- Must notify supervisor of any safety equipment, tools protective gear that is worn, broken, missing or not serviceable immediately.
- Must be able to unjam and clean cutting equipment safely and as directed.
- Keep machinery in proper operating conditions.
- Must be trainable in lock out tag out procedures and use it at all times when required as directed.
- Have the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to grasp 2” water hose under pressure (Appox. 60 psi).
- Must be able to work weekends Saturday and Sunday when required or during (Colorado Season).
- Keep production floor clean.
- Have spare part ready to change on breakdowns.
- Maintain cutter area safe for you and co-workers.
- May be asked to rotate to a different area of the plant (same position and shift) based on business need.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.